Vitamin D3 is a form of vitamin D. It is also referred to as cholecalciferol and calciol. Cholecalciferol is the raw form of the nutrient that humans obtain through exposure to sunlight. Calico is the form the nutrient takes after it has been processed for use by the body. It is structurally similar to steroids such as testosterone, cholesterol, and cortisol (though vitamin D3 itself is a secosteroid). Vitamin D is an essential nutrient that plays an important role in calcium metabolism and bone health. In recent years, biomarkers like PTH, calcium absorption have been used to define relevant biological indices of vitamin D nutritional status. Vitamin D3 supports calcium in your body in order to develop and maintain strong bones and healthy teeth.
Indications and Usage
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) is indicated in the treatment and prevention of bone disorders including osteomalacia, rickets and so on, which are caused by low levels of vitamin D in the body .
Nutritional Role of Vitamin D
Vitamin D regulates the blood levels of calcium and phosphorus, by increasing the absorption of these minerals and by promoting them into the bones. Vitamin D does this by stimulating DNA to produce transport proteins, which bind to the calcium and phosphorus and increase absorption through the small intestine. This stimulating feature is unusual for a vitamin and normally a function of hormones. Vitamin D also stimulates the uptake of these minerals by bone cells. This process is helpful in building strong bones and healthy teeth.
Health Benefits of Vitamin D in Human Nutrition:
● For healthy bones and strong teeth.
● For prevention of osteoporosis.
● For absorption of the minerals calcium and phosphorus.
● For rickets in children and osteomalacia in adults.
● For prevention of colon, breast, and prostate cancer.
● For osteoarthritis of the knee.
● Osteoporosis: Diabetic patients, the elderly and postmenopausal women who are at high risk of losing bone mass should take a daily dose of calcium and vitamin D complex. You should also take extra supplementation if you are undergoing hormone suppression treatment for cancers.
● Cardiovascular disease: studies have shown that low levels of vitamin D3 can lead to higher occurrences of high blood pressure and atherosclerosis. Vitamin D3 allows for blood vessel dilation, which results in reduced blood pressure. It also acts as a macrophage which picks up and removes low density lipoproteins (LDL) from your blood stream. Taking an extra vitamin D supplement can help prevent the occurrence of blood vessel hemorrhage and other cardiovascular diseases.
● Stress-related Disorder: vitamin D3 is involved in the regulation of your anti-stress hormone. Higher levels of vitamin D can help alleviate your stress-induced symptoms, such as depression, agitation and anxiety.
● Infection and Cancer: vitamin D circulates in your blood stream as a macrophage, which is a part of your front line of defense against foreign pathogens. High vitamin D intake can help strengthen your immunity against infections and cancers. Taking a vitamin D supplement can significantly reduce your chances of contracting flu. Extra supplementation during cancer treatments can lead to improved efficacy and better results.
Cholecalciferol Deficiency Diseases
Prolonged cholecalciferol deficiency can lead to rickets and osteomalacia. Rickets, a disease that affects children, is characterized by symptoms such as loss of muscle strength, bone pain, stunted growth and skeletal and dental deformities. Osteomalacia affects adults and causes weak bones and muscles, bone pain and fractures.
Regulation of Metabolism
● Cholecalciferol is synthesized in the skin from 7-dehydrocholesterol under the action of ultraviolet B light. It reaches an equilibrium after several minutes depending on several factors including conditions of sunlight (latitude, season, cloud cover, altitude), age of skin, and color of skin.
● Hydroxylation in the endoplasmic reticulum of liver hepatocytes of cholecalciferol to calcifediol (25-hydroxycholecalciferol) by 25-hydroxylase is loosely regulated, if at all, and blood levels of this molecule largely reflect the amount of vitamin D3 produced in the skin or the vitamin D2 or D3 ingested.
● Hydroxylation in the kidneys of calcifediol to calcitriol by 1-alpha-hydroxylase is tightly regulated (stimulated by either parathyroid hormone or hypophosphatemia) and serves as the major control point in production of the most active circulating hormone calcitriol (1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3).
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: skin rash swelling of your face, lips or tongue, chest pain, weight loss, vomiting.
From the above discussion, it can be concluded that this Cholecalciferol is an essential nutrient that plays an important role in calcium metabolism and bone health. It is also used to prevent certain disorders such as rickets, osteomalacia, osteoporosis, Colon cancer, prostate cancer and osteoarthritis of the knee by regulating the blood levels of calcium and phosphorus by increasing the absorption of these minerals and helpful in building strong bones and healthy teeth.
We are making superior quality of Cholecalciferol sachet that is used to treat osteomalacia, osteoporosis, Colon cancer, prostate cancer and osteoarthritis of the knee. Our offered sachet processed using high grade chemical compounds by our experienced quality controllers that ensure its quality, purity and chemical properties. Highly treasured among the clients for its reliability, accurate composition, excellent physical and purity, this sachet is offered to our esteemed clients at the market leading prices.