This Composition is a unique quick absorb formula which gets quickly and completely absorbed into the skin to give quicker, better and longer lasting relief. Vovilep gel spreads easily and quickly disappears to give real pain relief. It also gives a unique cooling sensation, moderate enough so that there is no feeling of burning after applying it. Diclofenac sodium and methyl salicylate are non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs based on the ability to inhibit synthesis of prostaglandins. When used locally, Diclofenac and methyl salicylate are rapidly absorbed, penetrate into the subcutaneous fat, muscular tissue and joint capsule, reduce pain and inflammation in the joints, morning stiffness and swelling of joints, facilitate increase in the extent of movements. The main component of linseed oil is α-linolenic acid which has an anti-inflammatory action. Menthol induces irritation of nerve endings and has a local distracting and mild analgesic action, besides inducing a cooling sensation.
Indications and Usage
Pharmacodynamics:Diclofenac, the active component of VOVILEP Gel (diclofenac sodium gel) has anti-inflammatory effect. It inhibits cyclooxygenase, suppresses biosynthesis of prostaglandins – endogenous substances, which play a significant role in the genesis of the inflammation, pain and fever. Diclofenac reduces pain, eliminates inflammation.
Since systemic absorption of diclofenac from a topical application is very low such interactions are very unlikely. There are no known interactions with Vovilep Gel but for a list of interactions known with oral diclofenac the data sheet for oral dosage forms should be consulted.
● Patients with or without chronic asthma in whom attacks of asthma, urticaria or acute rhinitis are precipitated by acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
● Hypersensitivity to diclofenac or any of the excipients.
● Third trimester of pregnancy.
● The use in children and adolescents aged less than 14 years is contraindicated.
Hypersensitivity (including urticaria), angioneurotic oedema, Rash, eczema, erythema, dermatitis (including dermatitis contact), pruritus, Photosensitivity reaction.
● Avoid contact with eyes
● Do not apply to open wounds or damaged skin, if symptoms persist for more than seven days discontinue use and consult physician,
● Keep out of reach of children
● If swallowed consult physician,
● Do not bandage tightly.
● Be careful when sunbathing or using sun lamps as your skin may be more sensitive to sunlight.
● If you have a stomach or duodenal ulcer (or a history of), tell your doctor or pharmacist before using the gel.
● If you have or have ever had asthma speak to your doctor or pharmacist before using the gel.
Keep the tube tightly closed after use.