This medicine is used for the relief of clogged nose, runny nose, postnasal drip, itchy and watery eyes, sneezing, headache, body aches and fever associated with the common cold, allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, flu and other minor respiratory tract infections. It also helps decongest sinus openings and passages.
- Sinus congestion and pressure
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose and sneezing
- Minor aches and pains
- Reduces swelling of nasal passages
- Helps decongest sinus openings and passages
Pharmacology:Paracetamol is an effective analgesic-antipyretic (relieves mild to moderate pain) and a weak anti-inflammatory agent.
Absorption: It is readily absorbed from the g.i. tract with peak plasma concentrations occurring about 10 to 60 min. after oral administration.
Distribution: It is distributed into most body tissues.
Elimination: Approximately 80% of acetaminophen is excreted in the urine after conjugation and about 3% is excreted unchanged.
Half Life: 1 to 4 hours.
Chlorpheniramine Maleate is a histamine H1 antagonist used in allergic reactions, hay fever, rhinitis, urticaria, and asthma. Chlorpheniramine binds to the histamine H1 receptor. This block the action of endogenous histamine, which subsequently leads to temporary relief of the negative symptoms brought on by histamine.
Absorption: Well absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract.
Protein Binding: 72%.
Metabolism: Primarily hepatic via Cytochrome P450 (CYP450) enzymes.
Half Life: 21-27 hours.
Phenylephrine Hydrochloride is a sympathomimetic amine that acts predominantly on α-adrenergic receptors. In general, α1-adrenergic receptors mediate contraction and hypertrophic growth of smooth muscle cells.
Absorption: Completely absorbed after oral administration. Peak serum concentrations are achieved approximately 0.75-2 hours following oral administration.
Protein Binding: 95% binding-plasma proteins.
Metabolism: Undergoes extensive first-pass metabolism in the intestinal wall and extensive metabolism in the liver.
Route of Elimination: Phenylephrine and its metabolites are mainly excreted in urine.
Half Life: 2.1 to 3.4 hours.
Anti-depressants, sympathomimetic agents(epinephrine), Anesthetics(halothane), adrenergic-blocking agent (e.g., Phenothiazine drugs) and any other drug containing acetaminophen.
- Contraindicated for use in patients with a known hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients used in the medication.
- Contraindicated in patients with high blood pressure or severe heart disease, anemia, kidney or liver disease unless recommended by a doctor.
- Contraindicated If you are pregnant or breastfeeding..
- Paracetamol has low incidences of side effects. Skin rash and minor stomach and intestinal disturbances may occur.
- Cholrpheniramine Maleate may cause sleepiness and drowsiness.
- Phenylephrine HCL may cause tremor, restlessness or anxiety.
Oral:Disclaimer:To be taken only after consulting with the doctor.